Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Chasing Stars

Have you ever been confused or overwhelmed because you want so many different things in life? Each day I feel more sure and unsure at the same time. My mind often races late at night with all of the things I want to do and how I will get there. I may not have all the answers I want right now but I know a few things.

  • I want to change the world for the better, leave my mark. 
  • I want to live by the sea. Wake up to the smell of ocean air. 
  • I want to photograph people, places, things. 
  • I want to see every corner of the world, taste the culture of another land, submerge myself in the unfamiliar. 
  • I want to learn to play the ukulele and strum by a fire surrounded by friends. 
  • I want to read as many books as I can and sip on exotic teas. 
  • I want to drive across the country and learn about all walks of life. Hear their stories, their triumphs, their passion. 
  • I want to learn to surf and ride across all of the oceans. 
  • I want to have my own dark room and get lost in making prints. 
  • I want to write poetry. Release my thoughts through paper and a pen.  
  • I want to make art and create things with my two hands. 
  • I want to skate on a longboard, hula hoop, and paddle-board with the warmth of the sun on my back. 
  • I want to snowboard in my bathing suit, go to the biggest tomato fight in the world, crowd surf off a stage, swim with dolphins. 
  • I want to dance to music, new and old. Feel the sounds come alive. 
  • I want to master meditation, connect to my soul in silence. 
  • I want to walk across mountains, watch the sunrise and set, swim in crystal clear water. 
  • I want to own a dog, love it, take it for walks, snuggle it on a rainy day. 
  • I want to fall in love. "The can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, World Series, kind of stuff."  I want to find someone to see the world with. 
  • I want to help children. I want to make them feel invincible and confident. Help them escape from any doubts or pain. 
  • I want to make a difference in someone's life. 
  • I want to let go of fear, let go of insecurities, let go of regret. 
  • I want to spend my time with the doers, the go getters, the people who will lift me higher. 
  • I want to spread peace and positivity. 
  • I want to change the way we see things. Add light to the world. 
  • I want to make every moment count.

We're all going to die. That is inevitable. But I don't think we all live.

  • I want to leave this earth feeling fulfilled. 



No comments:

Post a Comment