Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Start of a New Journey

My younger cousin recently started a blog related to her life as a Freshmen in college.  It has inspired me to join the blogging world.  The reason I started this blog was to talk my way through some confusion I have been feeling in life lately. I hope to find a few people out there that can relate to what I am going through. If you are reading this, awesome, and thank you! At the very least it will be a place for to me to sort through my own thoughts and maybe (hopefully) figure a few things out.

Where to begin? Well in a nut shell, I am 24, went to college for marketing, have always strived to succeed, got a job right out of school using my degree, decided this wasn't my path, quit, traveled, moved to Colorado, came back home, broke up with my boyfriend, and now here I am. Phew! Single, back home, and jobless.  This is where the confusion comes in and what we call a quarter life crisis.


I have always felt a need to please others. I was a go-getter in school and tried to make my family proud. I was the girl overly involved in every club, class president, an A student, basically the over achiever.  I went through the motions in life, stayed on the right track, and mostly did what I was told. Now I am at a crossroad in life, stuck between going down the path I envision for myself or turning around and doing what others see for my future.

I am a wandering soul, nothing ignites my passion like travel. Nothing excites me like emerging myself in a new land, with new people, new food, and new experiences. There is just so much to see in this world. My mentality is why not try to see it all. Many do not see eye to eye with this theory.  I am told to grow up, get a job, use my degree, settle down.  That's what you are suppose to do after college, right? Get a "real job", get married, and have kids. But what if that isn't the path for me? My heart says otherwise. I want to explore, travel, help people, experience new things. Call me crazy but I think I can change the world. Maybe I can't change the whole world but I can change enough to make an impact, enough to leave my footprint on earth.


So here you go! This is the introduction of my blog designed to help figure out my 20's and all the questions, excitement, judgement, heartache, risks, and wonderful opportunities it has to offer. Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

2 comments:

  1. We've all been there. Some more than others but blogging is an amazing way to think through your troubles. Do you, Ally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Feel the same way Allie. Glad you started a blog. I may have to join the blogging world again too

    -ricky

    ReplyDelete